Saturday, April 7, 2018

25 Day Challenge

So this month is going to be a month of challenges, so to speak. Like the challenge of actually getting posts up instead of just procrastinating...the toughest challenge of all. Anyway, all jokes aside, I will be posting several challenges that I've done this month, starting with this one that I found on tumblr. Now, it's supposed to be a one-a-day thing, but I don't like following rules, so I'm gonna post them all at once :P

Let's-a-go!


1. Pop Idol

A fun and easy one to start with! There were a couple of ways I could've gone about this one, but I decided to use this set from Marble Lily, as I've always felt it looked very idol-ish.
                                           
I didn't expect these hair bows to be such a perfect match.


2. Flower Power

Another easy one. My first thought here was to use a flower crown, but then I remembered that the flower hairclips can now be worn in an especially adorable way, so I decided to pair the dandelion hairclips with the sunflower dress and a little flower-patterned vest. There are a pair of flowery sandals from Marzipan Sky that I would've liked to use, but I only had the pink ones (I wanted to use the white ones) and they didn't really work with the rest of the outfit, so I went with these yellow ones instead. The only non-flowery thing in the outfit!
                                       


3. Fantasy World

Ooh, now this is a fun one! For this one I decided to bring back my old snow fairy outfit. It was an outfit that I put together for a contest on miiverse, and I don't think I've ever posted it on here. Well, now I have!
                                             


4. Valentine's Date

 Now, Purple Moon does have a Valentine-themed outfit, but that seemed a little too obvious (and lazy), so instead I went for a cute girly outfit, with a red and white color scheme and lots of hearts! I took the pictures in the cake shop because it seemed the most appropriate. Y'know, Valentine's Day and sweets.
                             


5. In The Club

This was a simple one. Not much to say about it, really. I thought this little glittery black dress would be a perfect choice, and then it just went from there.
                                         


6. Bewitching Beauty

I mean...the game has a witch-themed outfit. I couldn't not use it, even though I don't really see what's so witchy about it.
                                         
How does Purple Moon not have a proper witch outfit? Or at least a hat?

7. Movie Inspired

Speaking of witches, you may remember my cosplay of Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service from a few weeks ago. Well, I originally put the outfit together for this challenge! In hindsight, I should've taken the pictures in my boutique, so that I could include a black cat.

I really wish there was a plain black version of this dress.


8. TV Inspired

I've always wanted to do a cosplay of Ririchiyo Shirakiin from Inu X Boku SS, because I really like her sense of style. All of her outfits are so nice! However, I haven't had much luck recreating any of them. I really thought it'd be easier! So I decided to take this chance to put together a Ririchiyo-inspired outfit. Not technically a cosplay, so I don't have to worry about accuracy.
                                         


9. Song Inspired

This one was hard! I really didn't know what to do with this one, and then I picked a random playlist to listen to and just happened to find the perfect song! In hindsight I don't know why I didn't immediately think of Owl City. If there are any songs that would inspire me to create an outfit...anyway, I went for a wintery babydoll look with a pink and white color scheme, using this strawberry dress as the base. I even went for strawberry themed make-up and used the 'Rosie Strawberry' hair color.
                                                         


10. Food Inspired

Ah, we're back to the easy ones now! The game has plenty of food-themed items, so this one was a piece of cake ;)

...

Sorry, I'll stop. So anyway, ice cream is my favorite food, so I decided to go with an ice cream themed outfit, with an ice cream dress and an ice cream necklace! Then I added some cherry earrings and a (blue for some reason) chocolate bar bag. And some strawberry themed nails!
                                                 


11. Cool City Gal

Another simple one. AZ-USA was obviously the brand to use and, well...there really isn't anything else to say about it. Except that apparently the lighting in the NIN10 building does weird things to this hairstyle.
                                                       
I dunno why I took two close-ups.


12. Music Festival

I went with a rock outfit and took the pictures on stage at the live music club. Simple enough.
                                                     



13. Your Harry Potter House

So this one's really just about color schemes, but since it's also technically school themed, I decided to make it a preppy outfit. Yellow and black for the color scheme, since I'm a Hufflepuff, and I got to use one of these nice new skirts from Brooke Bridge.
                                         


14. High School Stereotype

I mean, this one was kind of a no-brainer. Of course I had to use the Purple Moon cheerleader outfit. I'd been content just playing at my own pace, but since I didn't have this outfit yet and it was the wrong season for it to appear, I ended up finally making use of the 'take a month off' option. I have to say, if there's one thing that Styling Star has over the other games, it's all of the quality-of-life features.
                                                


15. Featuring Your Design

I don't really have a favorite design or anything, so I just went with one of my dresses that I hadn't taken any pictures in yet.
                                       


16. Cosplay

My favorite prompt! I ended up deciding to be boring, though, and just bring back my Rin cosplay for this one.
                                           


17. Something You'd Wear IRL

I'm pretty boring fashion-wise IRL. I'm the kind of person who likes looking at pretty clothes, but has no real desire to wear them myself, so my clothes end up just being pretty plain and boring for the most part. And primarily black. I do actually own a hoodie just like this, though! 
                                          


18. Something You Wouldn't Wear IRL

I feel like most people would just go with stuff they find ugly for this one, but I wanted to go a different route with it. Like I just said, I'm the type of person who likes looking at pretty clothes, but isn't interested in wearing them myself...and the ultimate example of that is lolita stuff. Beautiful and delicate, I love the lolita style, but would never, ever wear it IRL. I'd also never wear high heels, because I'm extremely uncoordinated and that definitely wouldn't end well. I even went and extended the prompt to my hair. My hair's long and black and I intend to keep it that way, haha.
                                                 


19. A Spring Look

A simple enough prompt. I actually ended up putting together a second outfit because I wasn't really satisfied with the first one, but I'm gonna include both because why not.
                                                 
Outfit #1
Cute, but not *quite* the look I was going for.
Outfit #2
Now this is better!


20. A Summer Look

A summer look can only mean one thing: BIKINI TIME. I ended up going with a bikini from April Bonbon, some matching butterfly sandals from Retrobeat (I love those), and some pink heart-shaped sunglasses (also from April Bonbon). Oh, and some hoop earrings from Enid Chen because why not.
                                                     


21. A Fall Look

My favorite season! I'm really running out of stuff to say at this point, though.
                      


22. A Winter Look

This one was fun because it gave me an excuse to use one of these adorable new coats. Also, you may remember a slight variation of this outfit from my Shopdo a while back. Well, here's where it originated from!
                               


23. A Formal Look

A formal look means it's time to bust out the expensive stuff! I decided to go all the way with it and use one of the tiaras from Purple Moon. I chose the silver/blue one, and then a blue mermaid dress to go with it, and then it just went from there.
                             
These new fancy earrings are quite nice.

24. A Casual Look

Hey, another familiar look! Yup, this one also originated from this challenge! For this one I figured a basic outfit would be the most fitting, so I decided to make use of some of Basic U's nice new items. I ended up liking the look enough to then do a proper shoot in it, as you've already seen.
                            


25. Your Favorite Outfit

I don't really have a favorite outfit, but I do have a handful of outfits that I really like and keep coming back to, and this is one of them. I always use the same hairstyle and make-up too, haha.
                          


And that's the end of this challenge! There will be more soon, and maybe even a challenge of my own at the end of the month! That's the plan, anyway. We'll see if it actually works out.

12 comments:

  1. OMG love all your outfits!!!

    With the valentines one from Purple Moon, are you talking about the dress from Fashion Forward? Because it's not included in Styling Star :( They took it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like them.

      They did? Aww, that's a shame :(

      Delete
    2. Yeah the valentines set and the cherry blossom set were removed sadly. No clue why, the valentines one was super cute.

      Delete
    3. Does that mean the cherry blossom earrings too? Aw, those were my favorites :(

      Delete
    4. Haven't come across them and I have all the items from Purple Moon. I believe the entire set was removed. The only earrings at Purple Moon at the Wii Trainer ones.

      Delete
    5. It's a good thing that they stepped up their earring game in Styling Star, then, because it sounds like they got rid of both of my favorites from Fashion Forward.

      Delete
    6. The rice ball ones from Kanokoi would have to be my fave. I would love to see more earrings added if a new game comes out as there's so many possibilities for all the brands.

      Delete
    7. Yeah, those are probably my new favorites too. Those and the butterfly ones.

      Delete
    8. We need pom-pom style earrings. They're all the range over here.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks great! I especially like the sunflower outfit and the winter outfits.

    It's kinda surprising how we need more plain items for cosplay purposes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked those ones too. Especially the sunflower outfit, you can expect to see more of that one at some point.

      I know, right? Kinda funny, really.

      Delete